The ask: Using speculative or critical design, create a utopia or dystopia society.
The how: The project requirements were to be broken down into 5 phases.
- Brainstorming: Ideation and analysis
- Research: World building
- Research: Concept
- Design and Form: Overall cohesion
The challenge: Create a world and an application that would live within that world. Final deliverables included a presentation, prototype, timeline and video.
Duration: 2 months
Platform/device: iPad, mobile devices and mobile web (responsive)
Roles and responsibilities
My role: UX designer team lead, creative
My team: Consisted of three other students in my graduate program and myself
I was responsible for:
- Lead UX design activities and research
- Concept creation and execution
- UX design
- Wireframing, prototype creation
Software used in this project: Adobe XD, Powtoon, Mural, Adobe Illustrator